Prof. Dr. Manfred Bruhn
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2005
Professor Bruhn studied business administration at Münster University between 1970 and 1974. He received his doctorate in 1977 and acquired his post-doctoral teaching qualification (habilitation) in 1985. Between 1983 and 1995 he held the chair of the Department of Business Administration at the EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht, a private university of business and law based in Oestrich-Winkel (Rheingau), Germany. The main focus of the department is on marketing and trade. Since 1995 Manfred Bruhn has been a full professor of business administration in the Faculty of Business and Economics (WWZ) at the University of Basel where his main focus is on marketing and management. Between 2009 and 2011 Bruhn was dean of the same faculty. Since 2005 he has also been a TUM honorary professor.
In his capacity as a professor Bruhn holds lectures on a wide range of themes related to business administration (e.g. strategic management and marketing: marketing fundamentals, integrated communication, brand management). Additionally, he conducts training and development workshops held within the context of university executive programs in Switzerland and abroad (Munich, Vienna, Hamburg). He is academic head of the “Master of Advanced Studies in Marketing Management” program.
- Editing activities in connection with academic journals published in Switzerland, Germany and Austria
- Member of the advisory boards of international academic and scholarly journals
- Chairman of various juries judging academic and marketing awards
- Academic head of the “Master of Advanced Studies in Marketing Management” program (since 1999)
- Chair of the Department of Marketing and Management in the Faculty of Business and Economics (WWZ) at the University of Basel (since 1995)
- Honorary doctorate University of Hohenheim (2015)
- Honorary doctorate University of Rostock (2015)
- Georg Bergler award for the marketing industry (2013)
- Best PhD thesis prize from the University of Münster (1978)