Prof. Dr. Günther Dannhauer
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2001
Professor Dannhauer (b. 1939) studied electrical engineering at TH Aachen from 1958 to 1963. Until 1971 he worked as a research assistant in the field of electrical and illuminating engineering at TH Aachen and the University of Bochum. He also held lectures on electrical engineering, illuminating engineering and metrology. He acquired his doctorate in 1971 for his work on variations in spectral sensitivity. From 1972 to 1977 Professor Dannhauer was head of the lighting and luminaire design departments at Erco (Lüdenscheid) and from 1978 to 1980 at Sill (Berlin).
Between 1980 and 2004 he was responsible for luminaire design and international approvals at Osram in Vienna and Munich. In 1995 Professor Dannhauer accepted a teaching assignment at TUM where he lectured on illuminating engineering until his retirement in 2004. Professor Dannhauer is still an active member of the lighting community in Germany (LiTG) and in the USA (Illuminating Engineering Society of North America – IESNA).
- Head of lighting and luminaire design at Osram (1980-2004)
- Head of lighting and luminaire design at Erco and Sill (1972-1980)