Prof. Dr. Manfred Hirt
Honorary Professor at TUM since 1994
Power Transmission Engineereing
Professor Manfred Hirt acquired his PhD at TUM. As of 1974 he pursued a career in industry. In 1990 he became member of the board of directors of Renk AG where he was responsibile for design, development, quality systems and sales. In 1995 he was appointed spokesman of the board of directors. In 1998 he became a member of the advisory board of the Swabian Chamber of Industry of Commerce.
In addition to his responsibilities with Renk AG, Professor Hirt is also as honorary professor at TUM and serves as a member of the steering committees of several German and European professional associations including FVA (a German Research Association for Power Transmission Elements within VDMA, the German Engineering Federation), Cluster Mechatronik Bayern and DIN. Since 2009 he has also been chairman of the competence council of Innovationspark Augsburg.
- Member of the DIN standards committee (2008-2010)
- Member of the advisory board of the Swabian Chamber of Industry of Commerce (1998-2008)
- Vice president of the European Committee for Power Transmission Engineering (EUROTRANS) (1996-2004)
- Member of the central executive committee of VDMA, the German Engineering Federation (1992-2007)
- Chairman of the Augsburg regional association of the Association of German Engineers (VDI) (1989-1991)
- Medal for services to the City of Augsburg (2011)
- Technical Division Executive Committee Award of AGMA (American Gear Manufacturers Association) (1984)
- Recipient of the honorary ring of the Association of German Engineers (VDI) (1983)