Prof. Dr. Cornelia Höß
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2009
After completing her high school education at Anton-Bruckner-Gymnasium in Straubing in 1976, Professor Höß studied medicine at the University of Regensburg and TUM. During this time she was supported by a Bavarian state scholarship program for outstanding students. She worked as a research assistant in the field of anatomy and on microsurgical projects both in the Department of Anatomy at the University Hospital of Regensburg and in TUM's Department of Experimental Surgery. Professor Höß gained international experience in India at KEM Hospital and in London at Hammersmith Hospital supported by grants from the German Academic Exchange Service, DAAD, and the British Council. She received her PhD for her work on experimental microsurgery of the fallopian tubes and obtained her postdoctoral teaching qualification (habilitation) for her work on local recurrences after breast conserving therapy in breast cancer. During this time she completed her training leading to German medical board certification in gynecology at TUM. Since 1998 she has directed the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Ebersberg District Hospital, a teaching hospital of TUM licensed to conduct advanced medical training.
- Mentor of a project entitled "Welcome" that offers practical postnatal help to young mothers (since 2012)
- Chair of the Alumni Association of the TUM School of Medicine (since 2009)
- Director of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Ebersberg District Hospital
- Senior physician in the Department of Gynecology at TUM’s Klinikum rechts der Isar, TUM (since 1992)
- German medical board certification in gynecology and Obstetrics (since 1990)