Prof. Herbert Kallmayer
Deceased July 15, 2016
Honorary Professor at TUM since 1999
Urban Planning Law
Professor Kallmayer studied architecture, mathematics and philosophy at TUM and the University of Saarbrücken. After receiving his degree (Dipl. Ing.) in architecture in 1967, he worked as a scientific assistant and lecturer at TUM. Between 1969 and 1971 he completed the state of Bavaria post graduate trainee program for careers in the civil service. From 1976 to 1977 he attended a special training program for high ranking civil servants organized by the Bavarian state chancellery.
In 1986 Professor Kallmayer joined the German Academy for Urban and Regional Spatial Planning (DASL). Since 2002 he has been a member of the scientific committee of EUROPAN Germany. Between 2002 and 2005 he lectured at the European Business School, Oestrich-Winkel. Since 2007 he has been a visiting professor at the Technical University of Qingdao, China, and since 2009 at the Agricultural University in Tai’an, China.
- Head of urban development, Bavarian Department of the Interior, Supreme Building Authority of the Bavarian State (1986-2006)
- Member of the European Commission’s expert group on the urban environment, EU, Brussels (1992-1999)
- Government adviser for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Riad (1982-1985)
- Head of the settlement models program of the state of Bavaria to promote the construction of innovative, environmentally sustainable urban areas under market conditions (1996-2006)
- Teacher, lecturer and consultant in and outside Europe (since 1982)