Prof. Dr. Reinhold Klein
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2007
General Practice Medicine
Professor Klein started his medical studies at the University of Regensburg (1975 – 1977) and finished them in 1981 at TUM. He completed his training leading to German medical board certification in general practice medicine at Mallersdorf District Hospital and in the medical practice of Dr. H. Braun, Dr. F.H. Mader and Dr. M. Braun in Nittendorf. In 1986 Professor Klein set up his own primary care medical practice in Pfaffenhofen.
He has lectured in general practice medicine at TUM since 1996. Between 2005 and 2009 he was head of General Practice Medicine Teaching at the TUM School of Medicine. From 2009 to 2010 Professor Klein was head of teaching in the Institute of General Practice Medicine at TUM.
- Special representative for a DEGAM (German Society of General Practice and Family Medicine) clinical traineeship program in general practice (2012)
- Chairman of the examining board of the Bavarian State Chamber of Physicians (2011)
- Head of teaching at the Institute of General Practice Medicine at TUM (2009-2010)
- Member of the complaints committee of the organization involved in the provision of out-patient medical services in Upper Bavaria, responsible for medical fees (1993-1998)
- Examiner responsible for general and internal medicine on the examining board of the Bavarian State Chamber of Physicians (1987)
- Ernst Otto Fischer Teaching Award from TUM (2012)
- Teaching award from the medical student run teaching award scheme at TUM (2007/2008)