Prof. Dr. Bernhard Knittel
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2006
Law (Civil law)
Professor Knittel studied law and business administration at LMU Munich (1967–1972). After passing the first state law examinations and obtaining a degree in business administration, he acquired his doctoral degree in 1974 (Dr. jur.). This was followed by the second state law examinations and a position as an attorney in a medium-sized, corporate law firm in Munich.
In 1976 Profesor Knittel joined the judicial service of the State of Bavaria where he fulfilled various roles. He has worked as a prosecuting attorney and as a judge and has handled cases in all stages of litigation. Within the Bavarian Department of Justice he has worked as a press officer, as an official seconded to the Representation of the State of Bavaria in Bonn, and in the Domestic Relations Section. Until September 2011 Professor Knittel was presiding judge at the Higher Regional Court in Munich.
- Presiding judge at the Higher Regional Court in Munich (2005-2011)
- Judge at the Bavarian Supreme Court (2002-2004)
- Senior department official in the Bavarian Department of Justice (1991-2002)
- Public governance course run by the Bavarian State Chancellery (1987/1988)
- Press and public relations officer in the Bavarian Department of Justice (1982-1987)