Prof. Siegfried Petz
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2004
Occupational Safety and Health
After finishing grammar school in Munich in 1958 Professor Petz studied high frequency engineering at TUM until 1963. He then worked as a development engineer at Rohde & Schwarz GmbH, a leading manufacturer of electronic test and measurement equipment based in Munich. In 1967 he joined the Bavarian Governmental Factory Inspectorate in Landshut. Having held various managerial positions, he became a director at the Bavarian Institute for Protection against Occupational Hazards at Work, in Munich. In 1996 he returned to the Factory Inspectorate in Landshut until he retired in 2002.
Since 1982 he has held lectures on occupational hazards at work and ergonomics at several universities in Munich (TUM, BWU, FH), Landshut Deggendorf (FH), and Eichstätt (KU). He has also played an active role in the teaching and examining of groups of persons and organizations involved in the prevention of occupational hazards at work. These include inspectors, managers, supervisors, safety engineers, trade unions, insurance companies and teachers.
- Senior director of the Factory Inspectorate in Landshut (1996-2002)
- Senior director of the Bavarian Institute for Protection against Occupational Hazards at Work in Munich and vice-president of the Bavarian State Office for Safety & Health, Occupational Medicine and Safety Engineering in Munich (1992-1996)
- Senior director of the Factory Inspectorate in the Greater Munich area (1989-1992)
- Director and deputy head of the Factory Inspectorate in the City of Munich (1989-1992)
- Inspector at the Factory Inspectorate in Landshut, later director and head of department (1967-1982)