Prof. Randolf Rodenstock
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2011
After completing his Abitur (school leaving examination) and an internship in South America, Professor Rodenstock performed military service from 1968 to 1969. He then went on to study electrical engineering and physics at the Technical University of Munich. In 1976, after achieving his Diploma in physics, Professor Rodenstock joined the Optische Werke G. Rodenstock (OWGR). He left the company for a while in order to study for an MBA at INSEAD, Fontainebleau, which he completed in 1978. He then returned to OWGR as a personally liable partner, directing the company initially together with his father, and then independently from 1990 onwards. In 2003 Professor Rodenstock transferred to become Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Rodenstock GmbH, of which he remains a member to this day.
Over the course of his career in business, Professor Rodenstock has held various managerial positions in trade associations and also founded the Roman Herzog Institute (RHI) in Munich, of which he is the chairman. In the winter semester of 2006/2007 he took up a lectureship at TUM, where he has been teaching since. He has been a TUM Honorary Professor since 2011.
- Managing Partner of the Optische Werke G. Rodenstock GmbH & Co. KG, Munich (since 1983)
- Chairman of the Board of Management of the Roman Herzog Institut e.V., Munich
- President of the Bavarian Business Association e.V., Munich (2000 – 2013)
- Vice President of the German Economic Institute (IW), Cologne
- Vice President of the German-Arab Friendship Association (DAFG)
- Bavarian Order of Merit (2007)