Prof. Dr. Jörg Sauerbrey
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2001
Information Technology Security
Professor Sauerbrey studied electrical engineering at TU Darmstadt where he majored in data systems. He subsequently obtained his doctorate from TUM Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. He has been lecturing at TUM since 1993 on the subject of information technology security. In 2001 he was appointed honorary professor.
In 1993 Professor Sauerbrey started his career in industry at Siemens AG in Corporate Technology. Since then he has fulfilled leadership roles in different areas of the company. Professor Sauerbrey is currently responsible for the strategic transformation of Siemens’ corporate strategies.
- Vice President “Strategic Transformation”, Corporate Strategies, Siemens AG (2009)
- Head of Business Segment “Public Security”, Siemens IT Solutions & Services (2006-2009)
- Vice President “Product Management Security”, Siemens Communication (2002-2006)
- Consulting & System Integration, Siemens Information and Communication Networks (1999-2001)
- Project Manager, Siemens Management Consulting (1995-1999)
- Recipient of the Research Prize of ITG, the (German) Information Technology Association which is part of VDE, the (German) Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies (1992)