Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter F. Tropschuh
Honorary Professor at TUM since 2015
Peter Tropschuh (b. 1958) studied at TUM and graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering in 1982. He received a doctorate for his work on “Computer supported design using knowledge-based systems” from the same university in 1988. His thesis was supervised by Professor Dr.-Ing. Klaus Ehrlenspiel, Chair of Engineering Design. In 1988 Tropschuh started working for AUDI AG in Ingolstadt. Over the years he held various positions in the field of development, including being an assistant to the Director of Technical Development and head of the General Secretariat, the Product Strategy Committee, Advanced Engineering and AUDI AG's Research Partnership Program. Between 2006 and 2012 Tropschuh was responsible for Volkswagen's “AutoUni” in Wolfsburg. Since July 2011 he has been in charge of Corporate Responsibility and Politics at AUDI AG in Ingolstadt. He has held lectures on the “Trends and developments in automotive engineering” in TUM's Department of Automotive Engineering since the 2007/2008 fall semester.
- Member of the board of trustees of Heilbronn University (HHN) (since 2015)
- Executive committee member of the Research Institute of Automotive Engineering and Vehicle Engines Stuttgart (FKFS) (since 2012)
- Honorary senator of Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BUTE) (since 2007)
- Member of the advisory committee of the automotive engineering industry platform of Bavaria's "Cluster Initiative", Nuremberg (since 2004)
- Member of the advisory committee of TÜV Süd, Munich (since 2002)