Prof. Dr. Matthias Ottmann
Prof. Matthias Ottmann (*1963) studied economics in Freiburg and Munich. Since 1994, he had been a member of the board of Suedhausbau, a family-owned housing development company based in Munich. After several teaching positions at the University of Augsburg and the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich, he currently holds a position as honorary professor for urban development and real estate management at the Technical University of Munich (TUM). He is a member of the advisory board of the BayernLB, the economic advisory board of the BayernLabo, the German Academy for Urban Development and National Planning (DASL) and vice president of the BFW Landesverband Bayern e.V.. Since 2017, he has been alumnus of the OPM Program, Harvard Business School, Boston MA. That same year, Prof. Ottmann was elected speaker for the region of Bavaria of the professional association RICS. With his company Urban Progress, he has been involved in property developments in and around Munich, Bavaria, focused on residential and commercial projects.
- President, RICS e.V. Munich (since 2018)
- Executive Director, Urban Progress (since 2015)
- Vice President, BFW Bayern e.V. (since 2010)
- Executive Director, Suedhausbau (1994-2014)
- Honorary Professor for Urban Development and Real Estate Management, TUM Department of Architecture (since 2010)