Prof. Dr. Stefanie Jung
Academic Career and Research Areas
The main research areas of Prof. Jung are European company law, comparative law, contract negotiations, contract governance, business networks, corporate governance, legal methodology, law and economics, empirical legal studies.
Prof. Jung graduated from the University of Siegen (Germany) and the ESC Dijon (France) in German and European Business Law. Afterwards she obtained a postgraduate Master in European Economic Integration and Business at the College of Europe (Bruges, Belgium). In 2010, Prof. Jung joined the chair of Prof. Krebs as a research assistant at the University of Siegen. She received her doctorate in European company law in 2013 from the University of Siegen. In the same year, Prof. Jung completed a research stay at the European Commission devoted to European company law. In 2016, she was appointed Junior Professor of civil law, in particular corporate law, at the University of Siegen. From 2014 to the present day, Prof. Jung also holds a Visiting Fellowship at the Classical Liberal Institute (New York University, USA) upon invitation by Prof. Epstein. Since 2015, Prof. Jung has been a visiting lecturer at Vienna University of Economics and Business each winter semester, lecturing on contract negotiations. From February 2020 onwards, she is Professor of Corporate Law at the Technical University of Munich at the Heilbronn campus.
- Junior Researcher Award 2019 of the Association for the Promotion of Faculty III of the University of Siegen e.V.
- Award for innovative teaching of the Faculty III of the University of Siegen for the seminar "Tactics of Contract Negotiation" (2017)
- Rolf H. Brunswig Doctoral Award of the Faculty III of the University of Siegen awarded for one of the two best doctoral theses of the Faculty in 2012/2013
Key Publications (all publications)
Jung S.: §§ 313, 314 BGB in: Nomos Kommentar zum BGB, 4. ed. 2021 (edition 2016 still in cooperation with Prof. Peter Krebs)
Jung S: “Bluffing in Business-to-Business Contract Negotiations - The Relationship Between Moral Intuition, Rechtsgefühl and the Law in the United States and Germany”. Southern California Law Review. 2019; 92: 973-1001.Abstract
Jung S, Krebs P, Stiegler S (eds.): “Gesellschaftsrecht in Europa”. Baden-Baden: Nomos, 2019, 2370 pages.
- (Co-)author of 17 chapters, among others:
- § 2, Europäische Rechtsmethodik (in cooperation with Prof. Peter Krebs)
- § 3, Grundlagen und Systematik supranationaler Rechtsformen
- § 13, Frankreich (in cooperation with Dr. Christophe Kühl/Larissa Wohlgemuth)
- § 14, Italien (in cooperation with Prof. avv. Paolo Flavio Mondini)
- § 33, Europäische Corporate Governance (in cooperation with Dr. Sascha Stiegler)
- § 35, Europäisches Konzernrecht (in cooperation with Prof. Peter Krebs)
Jung S, Krebs P: “Die Vertragsverhandlung – taktische, strategische und rechtliche Elemente”. Wiesbaden: Springer. 2016; 525 pages.
- Jung S, Krebs P: “The Essentials of Contract Negotiation”. Cham: Springer. 2019; 242 pages (short English version of the German publication with additional chapters on intercultural negotiations.)
Jung S, Krebs P, Teubner G (eds.): “Business Networks Reloaded”. Baden-Baden: Ashgate/Nomos. 2015; 424 pages.
- Co-author of 3 chapters, among others:
- Governance Structures of Business Networks, pp. 118-170 (in cooperation with Prof. Peter Krebs)